Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Jetpack & Atahualpa

Old Dec 30, 2014, 03:27 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
Jetpack & Atahualpa

Odd behavior today - got an Atahualpa site going on Jetpack, but have an issue I haven't seen on non-ATA sites -

On some wide pages, I'm using floated DIVs to make columns. On any page like that, jetpack displays the site narrower on IOS.

Here's the site:

The home page and contact page use divs to make columns - jetpack displays those pages - even the jetpack menu & search box - at the width of the first column.

I've tried wrapping everything in a 100% div, adding a 100% div just 1px tall before the columns, etc.

Anyone see anything like this before? Man, I can't wait for responsive ATA!!! I wouldn't care if ATA was split into a paid and unpaid theme if it got me responsive control of the layout!

Last edited by mcphoto; Sep 29, 2015 at 01:53 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 05:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When I use safari and set the user agent to iOS 8.1, the top is in two parts MENU and Search and the rest of the page is the same width as the MENU area.

Try taking the Search out and see what happens.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 30, 2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 05:52 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
User agent on the desktop doesn't render like my phone though - here's a screen grab; the gray area to the right should be the width of the site… only does this on pages with floated divs.

Old Dec 30, 2014, 06:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I know it doesn't render the same way (ahhh wouldn't it be nice if all devices and browsers worked the same way...oops day dreaming) but I'm wondering if what looks like two columns in the header is causing the issue.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:47 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
Well aren't you a dreamer?!??

I deleted the search, but on pages without divs it's fine either way… I do wish jetpack was a little more functional, and man, clearing an iPhone cache for testing?? right!

Anyone know of a responsive plugin that plays well with ATA?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 01:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Do you have a mobil theme turned on?