Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header image moves to the left slightly when site is refreshed

Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:58 AM
globalnerds

43 posts · Nov 2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
Header image moves to the left slightly when site is refreshed

I am using Atahualpa 3.5.3 - for the first time (I have used previous versions), with wordpress 2.8.6. I have two header images rotating with the following options:

Rotate header images with Javascript - 2
Fade in/out header images with Javascript -2
Preload header images for Javascript rotation - yes
Make header image clickable - yes
Header Image: Alignment - top center

The first time the sites is loaded (or reloaded) the image shifts to the left a little, then both of the header images I have that rotate through stay in that position. I have not experienced this with previous versions, so I am not sure what is wrong. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The url is sumnergrace.com/w (not the main site, of sumnergrace.com).
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is a problem with the new fading and java code that causes this issue
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:12 AM
globalnerds

43 posts · Nov 2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
Thank you for the info. Any idea on how to correct this?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Nope, it has something to do with the fact that the new code is not honoring the boundaries set up by the HTML and CSS. I'm hoping Flynnwill look into it.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 02:55 PM
MickR

22 posts · May 2010
Globalnerds,

I was seeing something like this as well, and am wondering if there is a conflict between a fixed width wrapper and the actual header image width when there's a margin or border or padding (or something else?) around the header.

This is guesswork at the moment as havn't delved deeper, but see if you still get the problem if you set the layout width to fixed 1040px, or possibly reduce the image width to 960px.

Be interesting to see if it makes a difference.

Mick.