Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

More than 3 unique page types?

Old Jan 14, 2010, 04:51 PM
bestbreedmarketing

5 posts · Jan 2010
Bend OR
I have been using atahualpa, and just started using I-themes Builder.

In Builder we can create esentially unlimited unique pages, each with totally different layouts.

I watched the vid's on themeframe, love the drag and drop and color selection etc, wondering about the number of unique layout pages?

Anyone know?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 05:18 PM
rove

85 posts · Jun 2009
Phoenix, Oregon
Yes, to me at this stage it looks like i-themes is perfecting drag n drop layouts, while Themeframe is doing the same with css. A combination of the two would be very near perfection, I'd think. Probably a few years away....

Rob
Old Jan 14, 2010, 08:48 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbreedmarketing
...wondering about the number of unique layout pages?

Anyone know?
I started adding this and hope to have it in Beta 4, before or at the weekend
Old Jan 14, 2010, 08:50 PM
rove

85 posts · Jun 2009
Phoenix, Oregon
Wow! I am impressed!

Rob
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:33 AM
bestbreedmarketing

5 posts · Jan 2010
Bend OR
That is great to hear!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:52 AM
bestbreedmarketing

5 posts · Jan 2010
Bend OR
Another frustration I have been working with is in non blog pages, trying to get WP to not drop paragraph spacing, and more than one line space between paragraphs. I have ended up creating periods and then changing the color of the periods to white.

Never had that issue in wyswyg editors. I understand its a WP core issue? Could there be a text editor that can work around this perhaps as a widget?

Considered using Dreamweaver to modify WP pages, but sure would prefer to stay within a single format to create static pages.

Ok with it in blogs, and it's most likely preferred there.
I just want it for the editor in non blog areas.

My goal is to use WP to create a cross between a static page website where the opening page is fixed content with a video, and then about half the pages are fixed content, and then several blog pages for commentary with advertising.

So love the idea of being able to create multiple unique pages, so when clicking through the pages, things look different on each page, rather than the standard wp limitations where additional pages all have to look exactly the same.

Unique pages looks so much more professional !
Old Aug 7, 2010, 03:44 AM
dassad

1 posts · Aug 2010
I have a similar question. I want to use a total diferent and unique page template but only on one single page from my blog. My blog is at [...link removed...] and want to insert some betting section to, but for this i thinked that i use a diferent Wordpress page, that will apear only in that section. Can someone help me?

Sorry but this forum is only about themes by bytesforall, we don't have the resources to discuss all themes
Old Aug 26, 2010, 01:11 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Custom page templates and custom post containers are coming in the next release
Old Dec 1, 2010, 01:08 AM
drome22

2 posts · Nov 2010
NYC
This looks like a great piece of software…we had recently discussed the Atahualpa theme at our WordPress meetup entitled Code Free WordPress…and a suggestion was just posted to have a meeting based on ThemeFrame. This was the first I’ve heard of ThemeFrame. I currently use Headway for quick and easy layouts, however, I like that your product is a theme creation tool and not a theme itself. I am a beginner at design/development and always appreciate great tools to help in the process. Thanks for the great work!

I’ve noticed it mentioned here and in the product page comments -it seems over the period of nearly a year; does the latest Beta allow for creation of custom page templates? (This is a crucial component for custom theme design)

Are there any plans to include the creation of Custom Post Types or any other edits to functions.php to include in the theme output?

Do you have a projected release candidate date?

Regards,
Darin

Last edited by drome22; Dec 1, 2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 04:25 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Custom Page Templates are now available in ThemeFrame Beta 17

Custom Page Templates can be added and also more default WP templates like category.php, tags.php, author.php etc...

I wanted the Release Candidate to be a real desktop app that doesn't need a local webserver environment anymore. I hope to release the RC this year but cannot guarantee it
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:02 PM
drome22

2 posts · Nov 2010
NYC
Thank you very much Flynn: for your response, your honesty and your commitment to providing quality products; both free and premium. This alone is good enough reason for me to purchase ThemeFrame and support your efforts.

WordPress is evolving quickly and always improving on its CMS capabilities. As long as ThemeFrame keeps up with the WP core functionality I can envision it becoming the industry standard tool for WordPress theme designers.

Keep up the great work!

Darin
Old Dec 3, 2010, 05:59 PM
jelaryma

1 posts · Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Custom Page Templates are now available in ThemeFrame Beta 17

Custom Page Templates can be added and also more default WP templates like category.php, tags.php, author.php etc...

I wanted the Release Candidate to be a real desktop app that doesn't need a local webserver environment anymore. I hope to release the RC this year but cannot guarantee it
Flynn, can you provide more detais? What platform will the desktop app be run on? I was getting ready to donate while it was a web app, but moving towards the desktop means I need to be worried about compatibility with Mac OS X.