Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Hide %Pages Menu On Home Page

Old Dec 4, 2011, 04:36 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
[SOLVED] Hide %Pages Menu On Home Page

I have a static home page and I'm looking to hide the menu on that particular page. I would have thought something like this came up in the forum already but I couldn't find it.

I created a half-ass version using conditional PHP in the header area for %pages. However, that doesn't pull the proper CSS for the menu and leaves them as just text links.

The workaround for this is hard-coding a menu using a div and making it conditional PHP. If there's an easier solution, it'd be a good trick to add to the toolkit. Thoughts?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 05:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would think just using the page id in combination with the menu id and display:none should do the trick.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 05:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
HTML Code:
body.home #menu1 {display:none;}
Old Dec 4, 2011, 07:13 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
That worked! I always overthink these things, appreciate the nudge.