Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

eshop, formbuilder and page menu dropdowns

Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:06 AM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
Two plugins are conflicting with my menu dropdowns.

When they're activated, I am unable to see the submenu dropdowns unless I navigate to the top page of that group. Plugins are Eshop and Formbuilder.

Previously, I'd simply uninstalled the plugins, however they will be required on the site, so I need to find a way for the page menu dropdowns to display with those 2 plugins activated.

Is there a workaround / CSS addition for this?

URL again is http://gemnut.com/wordpress/
Click on "Beryl" and the submenu is visible. From any other page, that submenu is not visible.

I notice this was brought up in a prior thread. The culprit that time was also Eshop:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...light=dropdown

Last edited by krystyna; Jun 17, 2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 03:13 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This is not a CSS but a PHP issue, the sub pages are not even there in the source code. Eshop filters wp_list_pages to remove some pages. You could try adding this to the bottom of functions.php in the Atahualpa directory

PHP Code:
<?php
remove_filter
('wp_list_pages_excludes''eshop_add_excludes');
?>
without causing blank lines in functions.php
Old Jun 18, 2009, 04:55 PM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
I must have done something wrong because now I get ...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/content/g/e/m/gemnutcom/html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa333/functions.php on line 135
Old Jun 19, 2009, 05:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Paste the 5 lines before thru the 5 lines after line 135 so we can check what you did. Most likely a typo
Old Jun 19, 2009, 07:28 AM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
I copied and pasted, so can't be a typo. But I also don't understand Flynn's "blank line" reference. I'm not a PHP coder. The additional lines are in Bold.

// new comment template for WP 2.7+, legacy template for old WP 2.6 and older
if (!function_exists('paged_comments')) {
include_once (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_custom_comments.php');
function legacy_comments($file) {
if(!function_exists('wp_list_comments'))
$file = TEMPLATEPATH . '/legacy.comments.php';

return $file;
}
add_filter('comments_template', 'legacy_comments');
<?php
remove_filter('wp_list_pages_excludes', 'eshop_add_excludes');
?>

Last edited by krystyna; Jun 19, 2009 at 07:46 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 07:47 AM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
Also, it's not just Eshop, it's FormBuilder that's causing this too, and that's the "more important" Plugin. I can find another eCommerce solution but I can't find a suitable substitute for FormBuilder.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 08:31 AM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
For all who have problems with this, I got a response from the developer of EShop.

Go To Settings > Eshop. There's "Hide Sub Pages" setting there, it has to be set to "No."

It works now, egg on face.