Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

How can I make the search wigget search in pages?

Old Aug 17, 2009, 07:44 AM
aquilaciencia

11 posts · Aug 2009
Hello,

I have a website for my bookshop and the articles are set up in pages, not posts. The default search box returns the results found in posts, so when looking for an article I get no results. How could I make the search engine look and return the pages with the text desired?

Thank you
Old Aug 17, 2009, 07:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The search engine DOES look at pages. Pages are really a special type of post. So unless you have some plugin that is interfering, it should work.

Try this, edit one of your pages and put in the text 'qaz' and save the page. Now search on that text. I just tested this on a vanilla site with WP 2.83 and Atahualpa 3.4.2

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 17, 2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 08:25 AM
aquilaciencia

11 posts · Aug 2009
I see what is happening. My products page is http://aquilaciencia.es/nuestros_libros/, but it has been created by the plugin wp-ecommerce, so if I go to edit page the text I see is [productspage]. So the page shows the text but the search engine doesn't get it. Is there something I can do?

Thanks
Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
according to the wp-ecomerce forums
Quote:
search feature only works for the "blog" section of wordpress. after purchasing the "gold" option it will then work for the shopping cart.