Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

FTP No Write Access to images folder

Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:49 PM
Danno

15 posts · Aug 2011
I am trying to upload a standalone .jpg file to...

xxx.xxx/webspace/siteapps/29473/htdocs/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/

and I get an error message:

================================================== ==============================

FTP FOLDER ERROR:
An error occurred copying a file to the FTP server. Make sure you have permission to put files on the server.
Details:
200 Type set to I
227 Entering Passive Mode (78,153,215,204,161,97)
550 header4.jpg: Permission denied.

================================================== ==============================

I have tried to change the attributes of the images folder from 755 to 767 using my LeechFTP program, but it will not allow any attributes to be changed...

Needless to say I'm stumped!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You need to contact your host's helpdesk
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:57 PM
Danno

15 posts · Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
You need to contact your host's helpdesk
Cheers... just thought it would be in the atahualpa folder as I can ftp directly into other theme folders... i.e. twentyten theme.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you can't change permissions then there is something screwy about the ownership of the folder. It may have been created under 'root' and 'wordpress' doesn't have permission to change the permissions. This is a folder ownership/apache type issue (assuming your site is running an apache server)
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:47 PM
Danno

15 posts · Aug 2011
Many thanks, I will contact my hosting company on Monday Morning.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:02 AM
Danno

15 posts · Aug 2011
Just for the heck of it, I installed this theme on another site and again, no FTP access into the folders is allowed. It must be a permissions problem created in the install. I installed directly from within Wordpress.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Try doing it manually - see HOWTO: upgrade Atahualpa to a new version
However, did you install it on the same host? I ran into a problem similar to this for a customer (on network Solutions) the automatic install was using 'root' while wordpress was using 'theftpuser' and there was a permissions issue between the two users.

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 13, 2011 at 04:27 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:53 AM
Danno

15 posts · Aug 2011
I am going to upload it manually with the fixes and my image in place before hand - a cheeky way, but hopefully it works, will let you know how it goes! Thank you for your help thus far!

Danno.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 06:40 AM
Danno

15 posts · Aug 2011
Upload manually successful with the bug fixes... I see the comma no space problem sorted out and my logo comes up also. Happy days!
Old Aug 13, 2011, 07:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'd still test to see if you can FTP to the folder, you still may have the original issue to haunt you in the future.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 07:48 AM
Danno

15 posts · Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
I'd still test to see if you can FTP to the folder, you still may have the original issue to haunt you in the future.
I still cannot FTP to it, but it probably can be sorted by the hosting company, I am gonna check with them on Monday. My main reason for FTP was to include the logo.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:09 PM
Danno

15 posts · Aug 2011
My hosting requires that I change the PHP5 be set to CGI mode to FTP into the directories, and back to Apache mode to use WP! But hey, it's not the end of the world!