Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Why are my comments not working?

Old Oct 25, 2010, 11:49 PM
Shama

76 posts · Jun 2010
When I click on the 'submit' button after filling out a comment below a post, nothing happens. I have the "allow comments" checked to yes in wordpress. Where else could I look that would cause for the comments to not get posted?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 02:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What setting in wordpress, do you have set on the wordpress discuession option page?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 02:18 AM
Shama

76 posts · Jun 2010
check: Attempt to notify any blogs linked to from the article.
check: Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks.)
check: Allow people to post comments on new articles
check: Comment author must fill out name and e-mail
check: Comment author must have a previously approved comment
Old Oct 26, 2010, 02:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
So...have you approved any of the comments?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 02:51 AM
Shama

76 posts · Jun 2010
The comments never show up in the "pending" section. I tried to post a comment, but when I click on the "share" button, nothing happens. The comment does not get posted. I was notified by a friend of mine who tried to post a comment, but it did not work. Some time ago I reconfigured the "submit" button text to "share". Could something have gone wrong in the process?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 05:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Some time ago I reconfigured the "submit" button text to "share". Could something have gone wrong in the process?
sure
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 06:06 AM
Shama

76 posts · Jun 2010
ATA 3.5.1
WP 3.0.1
http://thaihealingmassage.com

This is the blog post where I tried to leave a comment:
http://thaihealingmassage.com/thai-m...amazing-poses/
Old Oct 26, 2010, 06:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
yup, you messed it up. you changed the '<input...>' parameter type="submit" to type="SHARE".

If you go to http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_input.asp you will see that the type= parameter has certain values and 'SHARE' isn't one of them.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 08:12 AM
Shama

76 posts · Jun 2010
Thanks, so now how can I change it back into workable condition? I cannot remember anymore where I made the original change to "share". I looked all over the ATA theme options and could not find the place where that change can be made. And thanks a lot for looking into it.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'd go look at the files on your server and look at the date modified. That should give you an indication of what file you changed. Oh, and taking good notes if you modify the code will make it easier to redo the change the next time the theme is updated.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:52 AM
Shama

76 posts · Jun 2010
I found it, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Now the comments are working again.