Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] TinyMCE from

Old Apr 3, 2011, 05:04 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
Time [SOLVED] TinyMCE from

Hi,
I'm in the middle of testing (locally) the upgrade path from WP2.7.1 to 3.1 and ATA 3.3.3 to 3.6.4 before upgrading my hosted site. I have most of it mapped out, including the plugins, except one: TinyMCE Advanced.

On the WP site there seems to be a number of reports of TinyMCE Advanced 3.3.9 being broken under 3.1. In googling this plugin to find out more, I found the TinyMCE site which has V3.4.1. Except it doesn't seem to be "plugin ready". At least not at my JSQuery, WP, ATA skill level.

Has anyone configured this version for 3.1 and/or ATA? If so, does it work? Or is there an equal or better alternative to TinyMCE Advanced? I really, really, really depend on those extra features to write and configure my posts.

P.S. Messed up the Subject Line should be "TinyMCE Upgrade/Replacement?

Last edited by fromtheranks; Apr 3, 2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 05:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I have used TinyMCE Advanced in several installs with WP 3.1 and it works just fine. The latest update for the plugin just set the advanced link to off by default since WordPress added new functionality to their built in link button.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 05:58 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
Thank you for getting back to me.

After your comment I went back and installed the latest version I have locally. I was on 3.2 under WP2.7.1/ATA 3.3.3. My testing environment is now under WP3.1 and ATA 3.6.4, and my cheeks are a bit pink.

I should have tested this out on my local version first because, despite all the comments on the WP site, it does seem to be working, at least so far.

With that said, to make sure we're talking the same version, you are using TinyMCE Advanced 3.3.9? If so, I'm not seeing anything in either my prior or this version that refers to an "advanced link", or setting it on or off? The Advanced "box" displayed during setup looks pretty much the same in both versions. Could you clarify please?

OOH! Wait. I see it. That checkbox should remain "unchecked" for WP3.1/ATA 3.6.4?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 07:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like you found it and yes I am using 3.3.9.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 07:39 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.