Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Where to insert code for Paypal donate?

Old Oct 7, 2010, 01:24 PM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
[SOLVED] Where to insert code for Paypal donate?

I inserted the Paypal code below the 'google analytics' code in the header and the donate button showed up at the top middle of the screen. It should go below the widget for Paypal in the right sidebar but I can't tell where to insert the code. There is a mention of sidebars under 'theme functions'. Help. Without that code the widget shows up without the 'donate' button. Am I making any sense?

arthritis-alternatives.com
Old Oct 7, 2010, 02:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you want it in the sidebar then I would put it in a widget in the sidebar. If you code has php you will need to install a php friendly text widget.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 11:32 AM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
I've read through the forum posts on this subject and I need more help. Can I get more specific info?

I've got the paypal code and I know it works because I installed it in the wrong place yesterday. It worked ok, but I need it connected to an existing right sidebar widget. I saw that Flynn said that the right sidebar code is in the footer. Where does it go in the footer?

Another subject: I made more donations a few days ago and all of my little gold bars have vanished. I liked them decorating the tag line with my user name. What happened to them?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:17 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
First of all your gold bars are back.

With regards to the code here are the steps
  • Put a text widget in the sidebar
  • Put the Paypal code in the text widget
This has nothing to do with the footer.
There are also PayPal donation plugins you can install
Old Oct 8, 2010, 03:34 PM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
ok. do you mean use a text box widget? That would put the code on the screen, wouldn't it?

I'm using the paypal donation plug in that also creates a widget. The install site says that there are options which are not showing up on my screen. I disconnected all plugins but it didn't help.

Do you know what causes this code to insert itself at the end of my posts? don't know what it means.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" /> <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 03:53 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I would need to see where and what code you have added to your site for this PayPal donation. Could you post the code so I could test it? Can you post a link to your site?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 03:53 PM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
It works! Thanks so much for your time and effort. Who knew?