Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Right sidebar renders incorrectly on homepage in IE8, Firefox OK

Old Jan 19, 2010, 07:16 AM
Alexi

20 posts · Dec 2008
Oceanside, CA
The problem: IE8 renders right sidebar under the center column on the home page instead of alongside it.

URL - http://www.beautyprpro.com

UsingFirefox (3.5.7): The latest WordPress (2.9.1), Atahualpa (3.4.5.1), the blog renders as it should, All works as always.

Using IE8 (8.0.7600.1685) the following happens:
  • Right sidebar renders below the center column.
  • Does not display the topmost 'text' widget containing HTML
  • Does not render any prior posts below the misplaced sidebar although Atahualpa is set to display 5 full posts in "Configure Excerpts"
This does not occur on "Page" pages, Single Posts, Category Pages or Archive Pages ... only on Homepage,

Any idea what the culprit might be?

I rarely use IE so I haven't a clue when this symptom appeared. Don't know if it relates to WordPress 2.9.1 or updated Atahualpa.

Thanks for any clues.

Alex