Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] How can I automatically change a URL into a link?

Old Oct 22, 2010, 07:40 PM
jkgourmet

54 posts · Aug 2009
[SOLVED] How can I automatically change a URL into a link?

This new site will include a large number of www.URL.com addresses in the posts and pages. Rather than using the Insert Link for every one, is there anyway that I can tell WP or Atahualpa to do this automatically every time it sees a www? If so, can I STILL override that by using the Insert Link (for example, when I have an affiliate link)?

I found this on Codex, and tried to put it into CSS inserts, but it doesn't seem to do anything, or maybe I put it in the wrong place?

<?php make_clickable( $ret ) ?>

Also found this:

This function is make_clickable(). It works with URI, www, ftp, and email addresses. So, to linkify post content, just add the following code into your functions.php file:

add_filter('the_content', 'make_clickable');

Thanks, guys.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:09 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I went to WordPress.org and typed auto hyperlink into the search and came up with the Autolink URI plugin which does what you want. That's usually the best place to start for added functionality.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 05:31 PM
jkgourmet

54 posts · Aug 2009
My hero. Thanks. I looked for a plug in, but apparently didn't use the correct keywords.