Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

PHP Template and HTML/CSS insert section questions and issues

Old Apr 25, 2010, 03:46 PM
conquestlife

16 posts · Apr 2010
I searched the forums high and low for the answers I needed before I made this post. That is how I go this far with the codes I am using for the page I am having issues with. With all that said, here is my problem.

I decided to dedicate a blog page to twilight. http://www.conquestlife.org/twilight/ I created a twilight page in WP and a twilight category. The id for the page is 274.

I then created a template php page in wp/themes/atahualpa . . . with

<?php
/*
Template Name: Twilight
*/
?>

I then went to the HTML/CSS inserts section and added these codes to control my Twilight page:

body.page-id-274 {background: #000000;}

body.page-id-274 div#imagecontainer {display: none;}
body.page-id-274 div#menu1 {display: none;}

body.page-id-274 div.horbar1 {display: none;}
body.page-id-274 div.horbar2 {display: none;}

body.page-id-274 table#logoarea {display: none;}

All of the codes I entered in the CSS insert section work for the page. When I try to change the font family and font color for those pages, nothing works. I went back into the main body text links in ATO and removed the font family and font color codes, but that still does not change the font family/color for the twilight page. Please help with this.

I would prefer control everything (html/css codes, images, posts, fonts, etc) in the php page, but do I just paste those codes in the php file or is there something more I need to do?

Thank you.
Old May 8, 2010, 06:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
is that all you have in the template ie
HTML Code:
<?php
/*
Template Name: Twilight
*/
?>
Old May 9, 2010, 07:29 PM
conquestlife

16 posts · Apr 2010
Hi Juggledad.

Yes. I got the instructions from the wordpress website. I got stuck after that.
Old May 9, 2010, 07:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Copy the index.php from the theme folder and use it as a start