Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

One Layout, two color schemes that you can switch via Widget? How?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 20, 2010, 09:49 AM
Faenwolf

3 posts · Apr 2010
Nuernberg, Germany
Help One Layout, two color schemes that you can switch via Widget? How?

Hello there,

sorry I opened a new thread, but the first post I did in this Forum didn't seem to geht any attention (see below)

My idea: I wanted to have a light and a dark color scheme for my site... i.e. one black font and white background and another one white font black background...

Then I wanted to place a Widget on the right called "Theme Switcher Reloaded" so that a visitor can change between the two different styles if he wishes to. That would be for people that have difficulties with high contrast sites for example.

I want the page to look basically the same, designwise (same layout, same font, same pictures etc.)...

I just want the colors to change.

So I was trying to have two Atahualpa Installations that only are different in their colors but similar on everything else. I cloned my Atahualpa-Folder (one "atahualpa-white" and one "atahualpa-black") and tried to switch between them with the widget... But soon I realized it isn't that easy because they seem to share the databank or whatever... So colors get messed up when I want to change them:

With basic HTML it would be a simple question of switching two CSS-Files by link... but here it did not work, since the two Atahualpa-Installations seem to share their configuartions somehow... If I change one, the other one changes too.

So I found this thread here and tried it the same way by doing as Jaguwar told... unfortunately I run into the same Problem that the User "Burn" had... I don't get it to work...

Maybe someone here has an Idea how I can solve this? Sorry for my bad English. I hope you understand what I am trying to do...

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Faenwolf; May 20, 2010 at 09:53 AM.