Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

two colour centre column?

Old Sep 28, 2009, 11:15 AM
adri

23 posts · Sep 2009
Hi

New to wordpress and atahualpa but nearly got what I want out of it by trial and error.

question is

is there a way to split up the center column so that the top bit (above the loop) has a different background colur and text colour etc to the bottom bit (the loop). I'm thinking I'll have to do some divs and css editing but not sure where or what...

I want a light coloured top bit with a dark coloured bottom bit.

sorry if it's a newbie question. want to get the site up asap.

any help appreciated.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:18 PM
flaneur

10 posts · Oct 2009
Bloomington, IN, USA
For the "above the loop color"...

In ATO > Style & Edit Center Column > Content Above the Loop, add:

Code:
<div class="topbit">
This is inside the top bit.
</div>
In ATO > Add HTML/CSS Inserts, add:

Code:
div.topbit { background-color: #888888; }
#888888 is grey, search "html color codes" on any engine for more options.

For the rest of the column, just put the color you want
Code:
background-color: #xxxxxx;
in ATO > Style & Edit Center Column > Center Column Style.

I love messing around "above the loop". Once you get the hang of it, there's alot of possibilities.