Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Was instructed to go to "manage"-"page" to change order but can't find "manage"

Old Jan 22, 2011, 04:48 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Hello,
I am using 3.4.5. In Theme options under Page Menu Bar–Sorting Order of Page Menu Bar the instruction read "Change the page order at Manage -> Pages -> Click on page title -> Page Order"
But for some reason I cannot locate "Manage." Can you please tell me where this is? Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 05:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Look on the right side of the edit post page. This a wordpress option, not a theme option
Old Jan 22, 2011, 06:12 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Well Juggledad, I agree it should be there however ersi at WordPress forum says its not AND it is the the ath theme that gives these directions "Change the page order at Manage -> Pages -> Click on page title -> Page Order" so am hoping you can direct me to a solution.

Last edited by mimilemeu; Jan 22, 2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 07:12 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Please note I just installed Simple Page Ordering plugin but cannot get it to work. Seriously, canyou please help me with this. I've been working all day on it. Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 08:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Sorry, it IS a wordpress feature, however it is not on the post options, it is in the page options.
Edit a page, look on the right hand side for the box labeled 'attribute' and there is a section called 'order'
Old Jan 22, 2011, 08:15 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Juggledad, I see that now. Thanks for your response.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:39 AM
rimien

8 posts · Feb 2011
New issue with page ordering. I'm using At. 3.6.1 for http://en-able.org (the content currently is filler, I'm playing with design) and changing the page orders from WordPress (0, 1, 2, 3...) does not change the order of the page menu.

Also, where can one select one/two/three coloumned formats for each page? The 'Template' option on WP 'edit page' only provides 'default template' as a dropdown. The multi-column setup is a huge selling point for me, I'd like it to work.

But beyond these problems, might I say, it's an excellent theme.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
look at the sidebar options, you can select which pages to exclude the sidebars from
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:59 AM
rimien

8 posts · Feb 2011
Thanks, yes, I can and I did, but that gives the central column a spread-too-thin look (see the site). My wordpress.com whiteboard-site, which I use to testdrive concepts, has a much nicer template for the one-column pages. See this: http://abetterlifeforeveryone.wordpress.com/

Is this possible? Centre justifying, obviously, doesn't work.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 08:14 AM
rimien

8 posts · Feb 2011
Also the page ordering problem remains unaddressed.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You are using a fixed with theme at that site. You can make Atahualpa a fixed width or full width or set a minimum width - make it variable width, but only use some % of the screen - look at teh options at ato->Style & configure LAYOUT

It looks like you are using a custom wordpress menu and page-right, try reordering the menu items in your custom menu
Old Feb 21, 2011, 02:23 PM
rimien

8 posts · Feb 2011
I had worked that out in the meantime, but thank you so much.