Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Recommended Editor Plugin

Old Mar 9, 2009, 02:06 PM
strangelove

29 posts · Feb 2009
What are some of the recommended plugins for enhancing WP's page/post editor that go well with Atahulapa?

Thank you,
Old Mar 10, 2009, 07:32 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Hello strangelove (DR?)

WP-DBManager -- author: Lester Chan http://lesterchan.net/portfolio/programming/php/

I've had this plugin happily installed for a couple of weeks. I have it set to automatically backup my WP database every 24 hours - it emails me daily with the backup attached. Here's a copy of the daily email:

--------------------------------------
To: ###@hatchtown.com
Subject: Hatchtown Farm Database Backup File For March 8, 2009 @ 2:40 pm

Website Name: Hatchtown Farm
Website URL: http://hatchtown.com/wp
Backup File Name: ####3213_-_#####6303797.sql
Backup File Date: March 8, 2009 @ 2:40 pm
Backup File Size: 5.5 KiB

With Regards,
Hatchtown Farm Administrator
http://hatchtown.com/wp

Attached:
####523213_-_hat#####6303797.sql
--------------------------------------

The plugin is also set to automatically optimize the database every third day. I can manually initiate a backup at any time, and perform Msql queries (I stay away from this for fear I'd manage to damage the database).

I have not had occasion to need or test the "restore" feature. Which is a shameful admission; I mean, the WHOLE purpose is to be able to put things back right after a disaster. I've put this task on my todo list.

Jim

Last edited by Shepherd Jim; Mar 10, 2009 at 07:33 AM. Reason: improve formatting
Old Mar 10, 2009, 08:09 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Custom Excerpts -- author: Sean Bluestone -- http://www.seanbluestone.com/

I've only had this plugin installed for a few days, but all seems to good. Simple and straight forward to set up; I only had consult Flynn a couple of times (!)

My wife wanted to "improve on" the automatic post excerpts generated by WP. This plugin answered her needs perfectly. Using Custom Excerpts we've replaced the standard ellipsis "..." with the more informative "....read more" and made that a link to the full post page.

We've also "permitted" the appearance of the <em> and <a> HTML tags in the excerpts as these do not break any formatting we've set up in Atahualpa.

After some experimenting we returned the number of words included in our excerpt back to the 55 which WP does on its own without the plugin. 55 is just RIGHT.