Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Updating Montezuma?

Old Apr 2, 2016, 03:01 AM
rosetrees

108 posts · Mar 2009
Montezuma hasn't had an update for nearly a year. Has Flyn stopped working with it? I'm kind of starting to worry about using it for new clients' sites now.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 04:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What do you see that it needs?

The following is my impression:
Quote:
For what ever reason, the WordPress Theme review team has enforced a new rule that all themes must use the customizer (check out any of the twenty-xxx themes to see how the customizer looks/works). It is my belief that this forced standardization will stiffle inovation in themes you see listed on wordpress.

To adhere to these new rules would require a major rewrite of the theme's backend and it still might get rejected because of how the theme works and it's options.
Any bugs or updates can be fixed, but will only show up on this forum
Old Apr 2, 2016, 04:52 AM
rosetrees

108 posts · Mar 2009
Thanks. That makes sense. I was kind of afraid that with too many updates to Wordpress the theme might become incompatible.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 12:24 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
I made an offer to Flynn to take over the development of the plugin to make it WP compliant.

Nothing would change in terms of his ability to use the theme for promoting themeframe, it would remain free for everyone to use, and we would even provide additional support on this site.

I thought for sure he would go for it, but for reasons that completely baffle me to this day he said no.