Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Help! Text Widget Images not showing in Single Post Sidebars

Old Mar 21, 2011, 07:45 PM
kittenfangs

3 posts · Jan 2011
Hi!
I'm writing this post because I've tried many ways of solving this issue and I can't make it work.

I've recently designed and customized Atahualpa for this blog: http://www.tipatipa.net/

In a previous version of Atahualpa I used the wp-content/images/... link in a Text Widget and it showed the image everywhere. Now, it doesn't work in any of the single post sidebars.

The only sidebar images that work now are the ones i've made classes for and used this kind of code to link the image in the css inserts: background: url('<?php bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/images/.....');

But --> when I tried to use that kind of code in the text widget (not inside a class in the css inserts) it didn't work either. o_o

What should i do?

Thanks a lot in advance!!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 09:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you want to use php code in a text widget you need to use a widget plugin such as this one that is php aware. This one in particular I just tested and like how it works. You build a widget just like you build a page or post. There are also other text widgets such as this one that allow for php as well.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:18 PM
kittenfangs

3 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks Larry!

However, I'd be much comfortable using html links to the images.

I only used that code because I found it around the forum. And I remember it was written somewhere in the theme instructions too. It was recommended to use that php code since it wouldn't matter which version of the theme you were using, it would always find the image in the correct folder, right?

I tried out the Widget Entries plugin and couldn't get the php code to work.
But then again, I don't know anything about php.

I'll check if I can upload the image to the widget as if it were a post and cross my fingers hoping it appears in the single post page sidebar - and correctly aligned!

I'll let you know!
Thanks again!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Does a complete path work? What if you put a slash in front of wp-content?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:01 PM
kittenfangs

3 posts · Jan 2011
Wow! It works! :D

Wow... I can't believe it was that that caused it!

I'll never forget to check that every time I link anything.

Huge Thanks!

And thanks for recommending Widget Entries, it looks like a really useful plugin.