Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] RSS Feeds and Search box misaligned in IE, but not Safari or Firefox?

Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:51 PM
thirstyreader

50 posts · Mar 2009
Hi everybody,

I've currently moved my Search Box and RSS/Email Feeds to the header area in my blog. I have the overall width of the blog set at 1020px, and the header image is only 850px wide, which allows 170px for the Search-RSS-Email items. Everything looks great in Firefox and Safari, but when I view my blog with IE, these last three items are pushed to the right (and halfway off the page) more than they should be. Am I missing something?

www.thirstyreader.com

Last edited by thirstyreader; Apr 21, 2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 07:10 PM
thirstyreader

50 posts · Mar 2009
Also, following my donation of $20 last night, when does my membership status increase to gold?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:16 AM
thirstyreader

50 posts · Mar 2009
As an update, I've done some research on splitting the header area into two cells. Perhaps IE just needs the header space defined more specifically? I've done a little experimenting, and the code for a two-cell header is in place, though empty of logos and widgets at the moment. I can get the logo in the left cell and also drop the "bfa_subscribe" widget in the right-hand cell, so that's not an issue.

However, in terms of the right-hand (non-logo) cell, I have some difficulty customizing the "bfa_subscribe" widget in the editor. I have no idea what controls what. Some of my goals in customizing would be to (1) shorten the width of the search box slightly, and (2) to get the RSS/Email icons to flush all the way right. I was able to delete the comment subscription button, which I didn't want, but I can't figure out how to make the other changes.

Therefore, if someone can help me with this issue, I can probably work around my original problem above. Either way, thanks in advance!

Last edited by thirstyreader; Apr 27, 2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:09 PM
thirstyreader

50 posts · Mar 2009
The monologue continues, but has a happy ending. Trial and error with the theme editor eventually got the results I was after.

For now!