Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] How to remove Archive labels

Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:57 PM
wardrob

32 posts · Jan 2010
Hi,

I'm not sure I know the technicality of what I'm trying to describe but when I click on a category post, I get a page up with an excerpt and a great big title like "Archive for the "blog" category"

It's really big and in black and I'd like to get rid of it. I checked through the various options but haven't found anything so far to sort it. Is it an obvious thing to fix?

Thanks,

Bob
Old Feb 23, 2010, 02:08 PM
wardrob

32 posts · Jan 2010
Hi again,

any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 05:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahuapa and WP?
What is the URL showing the issue?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:52 PM
wardrob

32 posts · Jan 2010
Hi juggledad,

Atahualpa 3.4.4
Wordpress 2.92

This is an example of one of the pages:

pine furniture online blog

I want to get rid of the "Archive for the ‘blog’ Category" bit as it looks a little ugly.

Thanks for your help
Old Feb 24, 2010, 02:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
might you be using the AVH Extended Categories version 3.0.2 plugin?? You need to look at that to find out how to remove the headline
Old Feb 24, 2010, 03:36 PM
wardrob

32 posts · Jan 2010
Hi juggledad,

yes I am using that but I'm not sure how to do what you say?

I thought it only affected the widget in the sidebar - how can it affect the title of the archive page itself? Surely by changing the details in the plugin I can only affect what happens in the sidebar?

It' the big blocky text in the main post I want to remove but can't see anywhere in the plugin that affects it?

Thanks again for your help,

cheers, Bob
Old Feb 24, 2010, 04:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
opps, your right forget that last bit.

I can't figure out how you are getting that page to display - Atahualpa is not putting that there. Did you create your own archive.php by any chance?

The line of code that displays is
HTML Code:
<h2 class="pagetitle">Archive for the ‘blog’ Category</h2>
and teh word 'pagetitle' is nowhere in the Atahualpa code. As a matter of fact the only reference to it in wordpress seems to be in the archive.php of the default theme.

So unless there is something more you can tell me, I'm at a loss
Old Feb 25, 2010, 04:39 PM
wardrob

32 posts · Jan 2010
Hi juggledad,

I haven't changed the code at all as far as I know. I certainly don't know any php stuff. I just presumed this page was part of Atahualpa as it's always been there.

I'm wringing my brains to think if I changed anything in there earlier - the only thing I remember doing is removing the footer links via the gold blog instructions.

cheers, Bob
Old Feb 25, 2010, 05:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
check to see if there is an archive.php in the Atahualpa folder - it's not part of the theme
Old Feb 26, 2010, 08:52 AM
wardrob

32 posts · Jan 2010
Hi juggledad,

thanks a lot for looking, but no - there isn't an archive.php file there.

cheers
Old Feb 26, 2010, 02:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Check the other themes you have and if any of them have an Archive.php rename it to archive.old and see if that title pops up. Something is weird about your site. The line
HTML Code:
Archive for the ‘blog’ Category
in the source of the page is
HTML Code:
<h2 class="pagetitle">Archive for the ‘blog’ Category</h2>
Notice the class="pagetitle"? I did a search thru all the code in wordpress and Atahualpa and the only place that exists is in the default theme - on a fresh install.

There is no way that code in another theme should be executing when it is not active, which is why I want you to rename the module to see if it goes away.

Note: if it does, then your problem is NOT fixed, you have something else wrong and that is just a symptom.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 09:53 AM
wardrob

32 posts · Jan 2010
Hi juggledad,

I have the classic and default themes also - I renamed archive.php to archive.old and also the same to the archives.php file but it doesn't appear to have changed anything at all.

So you're basically saying that the class=pagetitle shouldn't be there and has come in from somewhere else? As far as I recall , I haven't done anything else to the files at all so that all seems pretty strange.

Thanks again for helping,

cheers, Bob
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This is a puzzle!! - if you would be willing to give me access to the back end - I'll poke aroutd a bit
send me a PM with the info.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 06:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ah HA!! you have the 'Category Page' plugin and that is where this is coming from
see line 813

If you look at ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Content ABOVE the LOOP you will see this code
HTML Code:
<?php /* For the plugin Page2Cat http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/page2cat/ */
if( is_category() AND function_exists('page2cat_output')) { page2cat_output($cat); } ?>
so since it is installed and you are displaying a category, it calls the page2cat_output() function which creates this title.

You can edit the plugin code or remove the line from the 'Content ABOVE the LOOP'

p.s. - don't forget to change your password now.
p.p.s. - I fixed the small size difference between the menu items and the menu background - see CSS Inserts
Old Mar 3, 2010, 04:15 PM
wardrob

32 posts · Jan 2010
Cheers juggledad,

thanks very much for your help

cheers, Bob