Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

Theme Options Menu Doesn't Work + error + spanish tranlation (Beta)

Old Feb 2, 2009, 03:49 AM
ghenghiz

1 posts · Feb 2009
I have installed autahualpa3 theme and I made a spanish translation (a kind of beta, just for me, but if somebody wants it I attached it in this post)

The first error is that the options menu doesn't work (only the reset button seems to work lol)
I click all the buttons and nothing happens.

Another is that my translation doesn't work. I am seeing all in english.

I'm using WP 2.7 Spanish Edition (so WPLANG is es_ES)
PHP 4.4

any help?

thank you! (and sorry for my english, perhaps is not good enough)
Attached Files
File Type: zip es_es.mo.zip (2.0 KB, 2726 views)
File Type: zip es_es.po.zip (2.1 KB, 2729 views)

Last edited by ghenghiz; Feb 2, 2009 at 04:50 AM. Reason: I attached the es_es.po file
Old Feb 2, 2009, 04:52 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
As for Spanish not working: Is the "Leave a Reply" above the comment form Spanish? If so, then it probably works. All the other terms that are still English can be totally customized via the theme options. Can you check again?

(I can see how this is going to confuse more people. Long term the default values for the customizable terms will have to be localized as well I guess.)

As for options not working, that's weird. Don*t you get an error message such as "timed out". Maybe it does work and you don't notice? It should say "Atahualpa settings saved" in a yellow box at the top of the options page.

What is your web hosting firm, maybe the PHP memory is too low (8 MB?) or the account is otherwise restricted?

I've had one occasion so far where a user on "Bluehost" said saving options always timed out.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 12:25 AM
ruelhg

3 posts · Apr 2009
I'm getting the same exact problem:
  • None of the buttons work when clicked
  • All buttons turn white on hover
  • Only "Reset ALL theme options" button seems to work
  • I am using OSX 10.4.11
  • I tried using Firefox, Flock, and Safari and I get the same results
  • Version 3.2 and 3.3.2 have the same problem

What's the solution?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 07:44 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Does the "Default" theme work?

Can you change any Wordpress (non-Atahualpa) settings?
Old Apr 3, 2009, 06:15 AM
ruelhg

3 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Does the "Default" theme work?

Can you change any Wordpress (non-Atahualpa) settings?
I discovered the problem. The js files I uploaded were chmod 600. I changed them all to chmod 711 and suddenly Theme Options began to work wonderfully. I'm not sure though if chmod 711 is secure for the js files or it doesn't really matter. Any thoughts on this?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 04:08 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
644 should be sufficient, the web server only needs to read the files

http://www.december.com/unix/ref/chmod.html
Old Apr 4, 2009, 07:36 PM
ruelhg

3 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks. It works.