Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Header image not showing

Old Oct 29, 2009, 08:05 AM
ellie

4 posts · Oct 2009
London
Hi,

I wonder if you can help! I'm trying to upload images to my wordpress blog but they just won't show. I've tried .png, .tiff and .jpg but nothing makes a difference. I just get a broken icon in firefox and a question mark in safari. And when I go live it just shows the file name. I've edited with wordpress before so I know how to get the images up there, but can't seem to figure out why they won't show. Is there some option I need to click in my Atahualpa settings? Im using Atahualpa version 3.4.

Appreciate any help!

ellie
Old Oct 29, 2009, 08:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
are you on 3.4 or 3.4.1 or 3.4.4?
What is your url?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 09:42 AM
ellie

4 posts · Oct 2009
London
Hey,

3.4.3!
designd.org

thanks
Old Oct 29, 2009, 09:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm seeing an image looks like a close up of a painted concrete wall
Old Oct 29, 2009, 09:54 AM
ellie

4 posts · Oct 2009
London
Yes thats it,

I got that image into the header, through my cpanel, but I can't get one to show as part of the post. I've just uploaded one, so you can see what it does. I'd really rather if I could just add images through wordpress uploader to my media library rather than through ftp as I don't know how to do this!

Thanks again for your help!
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You can add images to posts using Wordpress, not FTPing them. Remember you have to set the permission of the upload folder to be able to see them.

take a look at http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions
Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:05 AM
ellie

4 posts · Oct 2009
London
You really are fab.
thank you so much. changed my file permissions and now i've got images galore!

Thank you again. Very much appreciated.