Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] categorie introduction

Old Nov 6, 2010, 03:23 AM
fullmetalgirl

32 posts · Aug 2010
[SOLVED] categorie introduction

Hi,

I can't seem to find it anywhere...
My site is running on:
Atahualpa 3.4.4

when i click on a categorie (using the category sidebar widget)
i see a list of posts..(excerpts)
what i want is a introduction text... followed by a list of posts beneath that introduction text.
can't seem to find a place or plugin to do that?

any suggestions?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:11 PM
fullmetalgirl

32 posts · Aug 2010
nobody got an idea how to do this?
placing posts beneath a text?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the url that shows the issue - have you thought about upgrading? Atahualpa is now at 3.5.3
Make sure to do a database backup and backup your files before doing any major change to your site.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:36 AM
fullmetalgirl

32 posts · Aug 2010
since i'm running 3 sites, (including 1 for someone who's bad with pc's it's easier for me to keep all themes the same. but if i have to upgrade to do this i will...

Ok the problem:

I got this "tekst" standing on a page
http://www.bushcraften.nl/historie/

I want people to send in their story,
so i want them to be able to make a post.
But this introduction tekst.. should always be on top of the page (just like a sticky but without the bar beneath it)

even 1 step further i want to have the "posts"send in by the people rotate. So when ever you go to the page... diffrent posts pop up.. but again.. the introduction stays on top.

hope it's more clear now?
Old Nov 13, 2010, 01:55 AM
fullmetalgirl

32 posts · Aug 2010
I think i solved it.

I'm using the random post per category plugin in combination with the wp logic pluging and the tekst widget.
basically people view a big sidebar instead of an actual page now..