Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Cell phone keypad not working on forms

Old Dec 23, 2018, 06:38 AM
Kudzu

43 posts · Nov 2009
Tennessee
Cell phone keypad not working on forms

I've never had a problem with cell phone access on forms through Atahualpa until this month. (Dec, 2018).

Visitors are complaining they can't log in, and can't use any form on my site if they enter with a cell phone. I checked with my phone and they're right. If you try to enter data in any field, the cell phone's keypad pops up for a split second then it disappears before you can click a letter.

No other way to enter data without that virtual keypad. No problems if entering data with laptop/desktop.

Plugins have been disabled to make sure it isn't a compatibility issue.

The only thing I know that changed is Wordpress sent me an email letting me know my site auto updated to the newest version of Wordpress. I thought I had that feature turned off, but I was wrong.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 06:44 AM
Kudzu

43 posts · Nov 2009
Tennessee
I also want to add that I changed atahualpa a long time ago, to include the recommended responsive code that was posted on this forum. The site shrinks and grows depending on the devise used to visit the site.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 04:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of WordPress are you now on?
What type phone?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 08:37 AM
Kudzu

43 posts · Nov 2009
Tennessee
Sorry for the delay. Version is 5.0.3. I have an LG, but it's my customers who can't log in. The forms don't allow the keyboard to work (including on my phone).

I changed over to the default theme that comes with WordPress and the forms work perfectly.

I have my site in maintenance mode right now. People are trying to register and can't, so I shut it down until I can fix it. If I need to pay again for Atahulpa, I will. I would subscribe on a yearly basis. I don't want any other theme.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 03:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
which forms are you talking about? the standard WordPress login screen or do you have a plugin that is providing the form?

Sorry to say but there won't be any more upgrades of Atahualpa. I've done all the upgrades over the past 8 years and because of changes by the wordpress theme approval team, it would take an almost complete rewrite of the theme to comply.

I don't have the time or inclination to do it and neithor does the original creator - there is not enough payback for the time it would take to do it.

Unless you're willing to bankroll the endeavor - one person offered to do it for a minimum or $4000.00
Old Feb 20, 2019, 09:06 AM
Kudzu

43 posts · Nov 2009
Tennessee
Oh please say it isn't so! What if you charged a subscription fee for it like other theme developers do? Like, $60 per year. Are there enough people to make it worth your while that will pay for the theme? It's the best theme out there.

What theme could possibly replace it? I'm serious. I can't imagine not having this theme.