Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Using new Wordpress menu - page-center problem

Old Dec 11, 2010, 04:52 AM
marced

60 posts · Feb 2010
Hi, I've been using Atahualpa with great pleasure, including the menu structure. My menu was looking like this:

Now I want to use the standard Wordpress menu's with the same result. Creating the menu was easy.

The problem is the page-center option. When I keep using with my new menu, the menu looks like this

So the div styling of the whole bar is lost. This is I think because in the new menu there's a small div just for the menu, and around it a table with no id.

I tried using %pages so the menu is aligned left, then the whole bar shows again. Then using padding-left creates the old result. The problem then is, that when looked at in a smaller screen / iphone, the result is this:

No the solution either.

How can I do this guys, using the new menu, center it but still have a menu bar over the complete width of the page with the menu's centered?

Help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Dec 11, 2010, 05:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of atahualpa and wp?
What is the URL?
Have you applied the menu bugfix's (new version &updates forum)?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:57 PM
marced

60 posts · Feb 2010
Hi JD, sorry for the delay. I use Atahualpa version 3.5.3 and Wordpress 3.0.1. Yes I used the menu bugfix, working properly.

I think the solution would be in using %pages in header so it's aligned left, but then referring to just the menu to center. But how do I do that?

The sourcecode for the menu is this:
HTML Code:
<div id="menu1" class="menu-home-container"><ul id="rmenu2" class="clearfix rMenu-hor rMenu"><li id="menu-item-400" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type current-menu-item page_item page-item-16 current_page_item menu-item-400"><a title href etc.....
What do I put in CSS to just center the menu then?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Do an export of your settings and attach it to a reply
Old Jan 7, 2011, 06:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
see if this helps - http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2548
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ok, here is how you can do it. First edit bfa_new_wp3_menus.php and change line 13 (version 3.5.3) from
HTML Code:
		$before_menu = '<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="margin: 0 auto"><tr><td align="center">';
to
HTML Code:
		$before_menu = '<table class="menu-center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="margin: 0 auto"><tr><td align="center">';
next add the following to the CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
table.menu-center {
width: 100%;
}
#rmenu2-page {
margin-left: 20%;
margin-right: auto;
}
you may need to adjust the left margin depending on the width of your menus
Old Jan 9, 2011, 04:13 AM
marced

60 posts · Feb 2010
Hi JD, adding the class and the width 100% in CSS did the trick!

The second code
Code:
#rmenu2-page {
margin-left: 20%;
margin-right: auto;
}
didn't work...

Just added padding-left to div#menu1 did work though! Can't work with percentages (no idea why), but with pixels it worked.

All working good now, thanks for your help, made a donation!

Keep up the good work