Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Display 'Post Count' on all MULTI post pages

Old Nov 12, 2009, 08:07 AM
joan

50 posts · Sep 2009
Brisbane, Qld, Aust
Hi wonderful people,
Hopefully this is easy & helpful to other. Above the loop of every single category, tag and search results page, I'd like to show

"XX tours found"

which is the result of the code:

echo $wp_query->post_count . ' tours found';

I have put this into one category template (eg category-385.php) on http://travelhorizonstyle.com.au/cat...country/india/ and it works for this category (10 tours found), but to see it on ALL cats/tags/etc, I tried putting the code in Ata3.4.4 Centre Column, Content ABOVE the LOOP, and it does not display the result of $wp_query->post_count. (eg on http://travelhorizonstyle.com.au/cat...ountry/africa/)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Joan
Old Nov 18, 2009, 03:08 AM
joan

50 posts · Sep 2009
Brisbane, Qld, Aust
Well chaps I thought this would be simple to solve. Not sure why it's not working from the Ata admin screen, but when I edit the index.php file and add:
<?php if ( !is_single() ) { echo $wp_query->post_count . ' tours found'; } ?>
it works fine, so this thread is solved.