Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Putting both sidebars behind center column

Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
petro7447

20 posts · Mar 2012
[SOLVED] Putting both sidebars behind center column

I am trying get the center column's shadow hovering above the left and right sidebars. My issue is I cannot get the center column in front of the right sidebar only. The left is fine. What I have done is added inner bars, width of 0 for each. I added text widgets in both, and set the background to transparent as well removed the borders. Is there a way to put the sidebars behind the center column?

My site: http://www.choosemyplan.com/sample-page

Thanks in advance for your help?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
add a right inner sidebar like the left inner one
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:27 PM
petro7447

20 posts · Mar 2012
Thanks Juggledad...I had already done that. Does the "RIGHT INNER sidebar: Display on:" options have an effect on this? I currently have it only checked for "home page". I also set the width to 0 and made the background transparent.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Yes If you don't have it on for all the pages it won't show on those pages

So I have to ask - Why do you need 1474 lines of additional CSS in the CSS Inserts?

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 17, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:24 PM
petro7447

20 posts · Mar 2012
Great Question. I hired someone who did not complete the job, and now I am stuck with completing it...
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just downloaded a copy of the front page and deleted all the CSS in CSS inserts and it made very little difference to the look of the front page. I would copy all that content to a txt file and then start tweaking the look and feel. It may not help with your shadow issue but at least the code will be a lot cleaner.