Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Custom Widget showing on left sidebar and not in the right sidebar

Old Nov 25, 2011, 04:27 AM
rlaunay

2 posts · Nov 2011
Hello,

first of all thanks for the great works on Atahualpa theme !
i made a custom widget which only purpose is to display a blank div, only on home page.
the widget output code is as follow :
PHP Code:
echo "<!-- Debut homespace widget -->";
if(
is_front_page()||is_home()):
    echo
"<div style='height:".$spacesize."px;'></div>";
endif; 
for some odd reason , is_home and/or is_front_page returns false on the right sidebar while it returns true on the left one when i'm actually on the home page.
i tested with another 3 columns theme and its working properly.
Any idea ?
Old Nov 25, 2011, 05:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
i made a custom widget
what do you mean by this.

I just added a text widget to the right and left sidebar and used the 'widget logic' plugin and added
HTML Code:
is_front_page()||is_home()
to both and it works as you would expect.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 05:56 AM
rlaunay

2 posts · Nov 2011
i meant i made a very simple plugin with a WP_Widget derived class.
in the admin panel i can add my widget then and set the height of the div tag on home page.

I didnt know "Widget Logic" plugin , so i installed it and tested what you did and i get same result

the text widget appears on the left but the same one on the right doesnt.

2 thing i have to say though :
- first i edited quite a few line in the index.php file of Atahualpa theme.
- second i added a home.php to customize my homepage but the following code remain the same at beginning.
PHP Code:
list($bfa_ata$cols$left_col$left_col2$right_col$right_col2$bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'], $bfa_ata['h_posttitle']) = bfa_get_options();
get_header(); 
extract($bfa_ata); 
i will test with nother blog on a vanilla atahualpa theme to see if the probleme is from me messing around php file.

Thanks,

[edit]
it's working with a vanilla atahualpa so i guess i'll look into the changes i made .
sorry

Last edited by rlaunay; Nov 25, 2011 at 06:09 AM.