Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Post/Page Styling

Old Jul 14, 2010, 07:25 AM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
I'm currently editing a site that will be going live soon.

I am editing intended to edit the post styling as to make sure that the text did not get lost in the background image that I'm using on the center column style. (For some reason, this is only really an issue with posts, which are basically current event type articles from the organization I'm designing this site for.)

I styled the posts the way I wanted them using the Style Post Container option in the theme options menu and have placed a conditional tag around the styling so that it only shows up on single post pages.

It basically looks like this:

PHP Code:
<?php if (is_single()) {?>
background: white;
padding: 5px;
border: solid 5px #242424;
<?php ?>
This prevents the styling from showing up on PAGE pages, at least that appears to be the case so far. The issue that I'm noticing, is that it also prevents the styling from showing up on multiple post pages, since it is specifically referring to single posts.

Could someone lend me a hand in figuring out a workaround so that I can apply the needed formatting to single post pages as well as multi-post pages, but not have to worry about PAGE pages. This is especially an issue because the site uses a static front page, so the post styling shows up there even if there is no content in the static front page.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I'm running WP 3.0 and ATA 3.5.1. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a link at the moment, so whatever assistance you can provide with what I've written is very much appreciated.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:16 AM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
I should really not post after staying up for hours and not having any type of morning energy boost.

I think I may have solved my own problem.

To get the formatting I wanted, I simply created an additional set of style variables and placed them in a conditional tag for my "home" page. It looks something like this:

PHP Code:
<?php if (is_home()) { ?>
margin: 0 0 30px 0;
background: #ffffff;
padding: 5px;
border: solid 5px #242424;
<?php ?>
I added this right after the stuff I put in for the styling on single post pages. I figure, using conditional statements still, that I can replicate this an create a custom style of sorts for any specific page I want.

I suppose I only wonder if this would cause any type of conflict that I haven't noticed as of yet. I don't recall the Style Post Container option in the theme options specifying whether you can use php there. Does anyone know anything about this?

Either way, it appears that I may have solved my own problem after having a nice hot Americano. :-)
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:47 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
Can anyone confirm that it is okay to use php in the Style Post Container section of the theme options? Other than a slight fear that I may have committed a no no. I think this is officially solved.