Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Added a Jquery slider and header no longer rotates

Old Jul 29, 2010, 03:30 AM
Elms123

16 posts · Mar 2010
Uk
Added a Jquery slider and header no longer rotates

Hi,
I have added a slider to the localhost version of my website for showing smaller sets of photos within the body of each static page.

To get the slider working I added the latest Jquery in a file named jquery-1.4.2.js to the Wordpress folder, as well as the slider file which I named as cyclelite.1.0.js.
The slider is a jquery operated js slider and does not load via the normal wordpress plugin route.

I add the image names in each static page so the slider can use the images that reflect the content of each page when each page is viewed. i.e. different images for each page.

Should I have put the operating files somewhere else? Although the slider is working fine, unfortunately the header which is operated by Atahualpa has stopped automatically rotating. The images only change if I refresh the page. If I remove the slider then the header starts rotating again.

Does the header use a different form of Jquery for rotating and fading which may be causing the conflict between the two?

I am using:
Atahualpa 3.5.2
Wordpress 3.0
Jquery 1.4.2

Can anybody help or do I just have to choose between whether I want the header or the slider to work?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 07:28 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would indeed suspect that to be a Jquery conflict. I have had conflicts with some plugins that use Jquery. In some cases it's just a matter of changing the settings for the plugin but in your case I'm not sure what you could do.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 07:35 AM
Elms123

16 posts · Mar 2010
Uk
I was hoping to use the same Jquery file that the header uses but unfortunately the slider does not work at all.

I just want an image slider that doesn't use flash, and allows different sets of images to show on different static pages.

Thanks for your opinion.