Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Table Format for a Single Table

Old Jul 10, 2010, 09:28 PM
joan

50 posts · Sep 2009
Brisbane, Qld, Aust
Hi Juggledad et al...
Is it possible to turn off the Atahualpa Table formatting -just for ONE table ? If I add a .style to the CSS Inserts area, how do I turn off the alternate color setting (Zebra row TD style) ?
Kind regards, Joan
Old Jul 11, 2010, 02:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when you code your table, give it a unique ID and then style it using that ID as the high level in the selector.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 06:31 AM
joan

50 posts · Sep 2009
Brisbane, Qld, Aust
Thank you very much JuggleDad but still getting the zebra highlighting. I can't seem to see where it's coming from, as I have done the following:

In CSS Inserts area:
#homeTable {background-color: white;}

In the HTML code of the page:
<table id="homeTable" width="440" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="margin:0px;">

In Style TABLES area I've set Zebra background to "background: #f4ffe6;" which is what I want for the other tables, but when I "inspect element" on the table I can't see the #f4ffe6 anywhere... Not quite sure if I have made the ID a "high level in the selector" as you suggest.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Kind regards, Joan.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 07:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You need to set the color on the table CELLS, use this
HTML Code:
#homeTable tr td {background-color: white;}
Old Jul 13, 2010, 09:03 AM
joan

50 posts · Sep 2009
Brisbane, Qld, Aust
Thanks Juggledad - you're a legend. Can you mark this one 'closed/solved' (can't seem to find it myself) -Kind regards, Joan