Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Changing the FONT STYLE of the POST

Old Apr 12, 2009, 08:19 AM
ianuy

14 posts · Apr 2009
Hi Guys,

The default font for the post (content) is too small for me.

I would like to change the post's font style but don't know where to apply the changes. Please help!

PS: I'm completely new with WordPress.

http://ianuy.com
Old Apr 12, 2009, 09:48 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
You'll find most any kind of customization you need in the Atahualpa Themes Options, under Appearance in the left panel of your dashboard. Go to Body/Text/Links and use the CSS to change your text size, color, etc., in Body Style.

I have mine like this;
Code:
background: #003366;
font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif;
font-size: 10pt;
color: #000000;
padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 10px;
My site: http://www.larchmontgazette.com

NOTE: The font size above controls the text in the body of an article or excerpt. To control headlines and other font sizes, look in the Post/Page styling area.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 09:52 AM
ianuy

14 posts · Apr 2009
Great! Just what I need. Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2009, 10:16 AM
ianuy

14 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
You'll find most any kind of customization you need in the Atahualpa Themes Options, under Appearance in the left panel of your dashboard. Go to Body/Text/Links and use the CSS to change your text size, color, etc., in Body Style.

I have mine like this;
Code:
background: #003366;
font-family: Tahoma, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif;
font-size: 10pt;
padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 10px;
My site: http://www.larchmontgazette.com

NOTE: The font size above controls the text in the body of an article or excerpt. To control headlines and other font sizes, look in the Post/Page styling area.
Uhmm, it didn't work. When I changed mine, the font for the ENTIRE site changed.

I just want to change the default font for the "post" alone.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
Old Apr 12, 2009, 10:51 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
From the Post/Page Styling area, you see this:
Quote:
The text and links in the post/page main text box can be styled on the main tab "Text & Link Styling".
I'm not sure what else you mean. You can change headlines, sidebar text, widget titles and such separately.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:27 PM
ianuy

14 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
From the Post/Page Styling area, you see this:

I'm not sure what else you mean. You can change headlines, sidebar text, widget titles and such separately.
From the Body, Text and Links, there's a BODY STYLE setting with the following default values:

Code:
font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 0.8em;
background: #ffffff;
This setting will produce this:

If I change the font-size to 1.0em...

Code:
font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 1.0em;
background: #ffffff;
This is what will happen...

Everything was affected as opposed to the "post" only. What I would like to change is the font-size of the "post" only. As marked in the screenshot below:

Thanks for the help!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 04:00 AM
ianuy

14 posts · Apr 2009
BUMP! Any additional help?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 03:58 AM
usia6th

1 posts · Sep 2011
Hi guys. I know it is old thread but I need your help.

Sorry for my poor English. I have also the same problem like ianuy, how to change the font for the post in dashboard wordpress. Georgia is defaul font, but I want to change it to Arial as a default font. Here is my dashboard:

and this is the page will look like:

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 18, 2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 05:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES
Old Sep 25, 2011, 01:18 PM
Sangye

7 posts · Sep 2011
On a related note, I'm trying to change the font size of the page titles only.

Under "Body, Text and Links" the font size is set to 0.8em. After experimenting, I added "font-size: 2.0em;" to the "Headline Box:Text" under "Style Posts and Pages." That looked great on all the pages except it was HUGE for the Blog posts.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Atahualpa 3.6.7
http://garudaaviary.org/
Old Sep 25, 2011, 04:47 PM
Sangye

7 posts · Sep 2011
I found the solution in the video under the thread http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...age+title+font which was to add "font-size: 32px; " to the Headline Box sections under "Style Posts and Pages." (32 px was the font size I wanted, but others would have to experiment to find the right size for their site)

Juggledad, I also found your link to the CSS intro stuff, which I am totally happy about. I don't have any idea about this stuff but I'm figuring out the CSS by trial and error. Thank you!