Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Header image picled up invalid files

Old Jan 4, 2012, 01:57 PM
GaryDev

9 posts · Nov 2011
Been doing some massive multi-site updates for both Atahualpa and changes to WordPress 3.3..

I noticed in one site, the following showing up in the 'view page source' section. I'm not sure if it's the theme update or the WP update... and in reality it's not a huge problem but I just thought you would want to know

style="background: url('http://justbeatitjessica.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/header6.jpg.old')

Our 'habit' is to rename pics we don't want in a header rotation (nice option the theme does, love it) to something other than a 'pic' formatted image. And it's worked well... However you can see that while it was a JPG at one point, it was renamed. The simple fix, for us, was just to delete the old one.

Like I say, it's not a big problem...Just pointing out what we noticed.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 02:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I was looking at your site and noticed some images were loading VERY slowly and saw the file size for some were over 2.5 Mb. Images of the size you are using should be more like 20 or 30 Kb. I would suggest optimizing for the web.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 05:20 PM
GaryDev

9 posts · Nov 2011
Quite possible. And thanks for noticing. I've been so busy doing multi-site fixes for hacks and updates for security.

I will check the logs to see who has been doing things, and it's possible that with some of the fixes, perhaps the thumb process needs to be re-set as well. And... the girls on the site have lots on their plates, and may not be optimizing them.

Cheers