Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme » New Versions & Updates »

Patch 113-04: the site may be squished on a mobile device or tags over run sidebar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 2, 2013, 07:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Patch 113-04: the site may be squished on a mobile device or tags over run sidebar

Description: If you view your site on a mobile device (iPod, iPhone etc), you may see that the site is 'squished' to the left. You may also notice on a non mobile device that the 'tags' and/or 'categories' of a post bleed into the sidebar. This issue will show up when a post has many tags or categories and the seperator is a NULL character.

FIX: This can be easily fixed by adding a seperator character as shown in the Limited PHP code for 'the_tag()'

In the virtual sub template 'postformat.php' change the line
HTML Code:
		<?php the_tags( '<p class="post-tags">', '', '</p>' ); ?>
to
HTML Code:
		<?php the_tags( '<p class="post-tags">', ' &middot; ', '</p>' ); ?>
If you would like to make this a permanent fix, so if you reset the 'postformat.php' file or reset all settings, you can edit the theme file 'montezuma/admin/default-templates/sub-templates/postformate.php' and change line 27 from
HTML Code:
		<?php the_tags( '<p class="post-tags">', '', '</p>' ); ?>
to
HTML Code:
		<?php the_tags( '<p class="post-tags">', ' &middot; ', '</p>' ); ?>
or replace the file montezuma/admin/default-templates/sub-templates/postformate.php with the attached file which has the correction already applied.
Attached Files
File Type: zip postformat.zip (580 Bytes, 2316 views)

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 12, 2014 at 07:52 PM.