Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Archives page problem (not sure which forum group to put this)

Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:04 PM
upalm

5 posts · Feb 2011
Archives page problem (not sure which forum group to put this)

i've created an archives page and all is good except that when i click on the archives by month link on the archives page, the resulting page is all screwed up. See attachment of screenshot and then compare it to this URL which is the correct styling: http://wordthirst.com
when i disable archive by date in ATO Archives it works fine. very strange.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	archives-error.GIF
Views:	997
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1246  
Old Mar 23, 2011, 04:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it's because of the css you added to CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
/*BELOW IS CODE FOR THE POST TITLE IMAGE*/
.date {
       background: url('http://wordthirst.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/post-title-date-img1.gif') repeat-x  scroll top left;
        display: inline;
        float: left;
        width:55px;
	text-align:center;
	color:#002157;
	font-family: georgia, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-weight: bold;
	font-size:12px;
        margin: 0px 10px -10px 0px;
}
this is very global and since the <body...> html statement gets a class of 'date' assigned to it, this CSS applies so you see a new page background.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 12:19 PM
upalm

5 posts · Feb 2011
OK, thanks for the insight. I'll have to think this one over...
cheers