Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

slow loading?

Old Apr 18, 2009, 09:54 AM
PJK

16 posts · Apr 2009
I am confused as to why my sites homepage is taking so long to load, others have commented about this to me as well. I am in Iraq, and the bandwidth stinks, but this is silly..

My site is hosted on Godaddy, which isnt known for being slow, but can someone ring in with a load time ....thanks

www.kielhurn.com
Old Apr 18, 2009, 12:17 PM
idg

21 posts · Mar 2009
Seattle, WA
4-5 seconds for me to see your front page on Comcast Broadband.

skypeCheck added 1.5 seconds to the load.

Do a search for WP cache or other cache plug-ins on this site and WP. You can also install Firebug to see the load times for each part of your web-page and diagnose what's slowing you down.

http://getfirebug.com/net.html

Flynn has suggestions here as well:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1309

Last edited by idg; Apr 18, 2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 08:40 PM
scrubbs

22 posts · Apr 2009
So I have been dealing with the same thing and here is what I have found out so far.

1. It has nothing to do with this theme. I have tried several including the default and the speed is not changed.

2. The slowness is primarily when you first hit the site.

3. WP Super Cache did help dramatically for the slowness going to new pages/posts after already on my site but did not seem to effect the initial page load.

4. General WP.org forum shows many godaddy users complaining of slowness with WP but no solutions really.

5. I have an open support ticket with GD backline and they have no clue what is going on. Had me add cache but ultimately telling me it is not their fault.

I am not sure how that might help you but at least you might save time not chasing as many dead ends as I have. There is something wrong with how GD works with WP is the bottom line and I have no clue what it might be still.

If you want to see for yourself, just go through this forum and every time someone gives a link to their blog click it... you will wait up to 20 seconds for the page to load. We have to be losing major traffic!!!

Anyone found any solutions? My site is http://www.inspirationalparenting.com