Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Formatting - Tag, Category, and Archive Pages

Old Nov 22, 2009, 05:54 PM
Newdust.com

16 posts · Nov 2009
I asked this question in a slightly different way last week, and after messing around with the ideas Juggledad gave me, I'm still stumped. I know there's an easy answer to my question, so I'll re-ask it in a more broad sense. Is there any difference between the way a category/tag/archive page is rendered as opposed to how the index page is rendered as far as CSS formatting is concerned? To get a better idea of what I'm referring to, here's my site: Newdust.com

The one issue I'm trying to solve has to do with the blue striped background I've given the container of the top advertisement banner. This was achieved from a line of CSS I entered into Header.php. If you click on any of the tags listed to the left (click here for example), you'll notice that the blue stripe disappears. This is true also for category or archive pages. I would like the background of the advertisement's container to stay consistent no matter where the reader is within the site. Does anyone have any idea of what might be causing this to happen, and what could be done to fix it?
Old Nov 22, 2009, 07:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is the
Quote:
line of CSS I entered into Header.php
?
Old Nov 22, 2009, 07:58 PM
Newdust.com

16 posts · Nov 2009
I guess it was both CSS and HTML. I put in the following CSS line right after div#container:

div#leaderboard {
position: releative;
background: url(images/bg/blue-stripe.jpg) repeat scroll;
padding-top: 10px;
padding-bottom: 8px;
margin-top: 0px;
border-bottom: 1px dashed #666666;
}

And the following HTML line I put in right after <div id="wrapper">
:

<div id="leaderboard">
<center>
<script type="text/javascript">
this is where the script from the advertising network was entered.
</script>
</div>
Old Nov 23, 2009, 05:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try changing the url to be the complete path to the image. I.e. from
HTML Code:
background: url(images/bg/blue-stripe.jpg) repeat scroll;
to
HTML Code:
background: url(http://www.newdust.com/images/bg/blue-stripe.jpg) repeat scroll;
Old Nov 23, 2009, 06:46 PM
Newdust.com

16 posts · Nov 2009
Wow, I can't believe that actually worked! Do you have any idea as to why the homepage was able to call to that image correctly without having to give the full path and other pages were not? I'm just trying to get an idea in my head as to why this might happen so I can be on the lookout for similar situations in the future. Thanks alot.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I believe it has to do with the location of the actual module building the page at the time. Some of the code is in the Atahualpa folder and some is in th atahualpa/functions folder while sometimes it's a owrdpress module and it's running rom the wordpress folder. In some cases using a '.' (background: url(./images/bg/blue-stripe.jpg) repeat scroll will also work, but using the full path should always going to work.