Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Transfer Atahualpa site to a new server

Old Aug 12, 2009, 09:49 AM
gungo

31 posts · Jul 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I'm trying to transfer a site that I have set up with Atahualpa to a new server.
I've done an EXPORT/IMPORT via wordpress for the data.
I've copied the wp-content folder that contain the Atahualpa Theme and theme folders/files.

However, the setting, widgets, etc. have not appeared on the new server.
I just have the default settings and have to rebuild all the Atahualpa Theme Options.

Where is the option information stored that I'm not getting it when I transfer?
Is there another file, folder or database?

I can rebuild all the options, but its a lot of work - there must be an easier way that I'm missing.

Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 09:38 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
All option settings incl. Atahualpa options are saved in the wp_options table. They are not exported with a Wordpress export. You can export the Atahualpa settings to a file with http://forum.bytesforall.com/showpos...95&postcount=5

You would have to manually apply the settings on the new site but with the export.php file at least you'd have a list of only the changed settings.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 01:58 PM
Tim-Beckwith

6 posts · Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
All option settings incl. Atahualpa options are saved in the wp_options table. They are not exported with a Wordpress export. You can export the Atahualpa settings to a file with http://forum.bytesforall.com/showpos...95&postcount=5

You would have to manually apply the settings on the new site but with the export.php file at least you'd have a list of only the changed settings.
Thanks. This was helpful to me too.

I put a lot of time into customizing this theme using the most excellent customization interface on my production site. Then I decided I wanted to have a test site on my PC which exactly mirrored what I had already created (I know. That was the backward way we should be doing things.).

After setting up a local version of WP (with all the same downloaded and restored content) I thought I could duplicate the customized version of this theme by simply downloading and 'turning on' a copy of the theme folder from my ISP. I've been able to do that with themes I've modified for Joomla sites. But, nope. Not possible here, I guess. All you get is the original theme settings.

Your export.php utility at least helps to easily identify my changes and thus shortens my restoration workload.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 02:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see also http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ghlight=export to get an SQL export that you can use for an import
Old Oct 3, 2009, 04:35 PM
Tim-Beckwith

6 posts · Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
see also http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ghlight=export to get an SQL export that you can use for an import
Excellent! Thank you.