Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Mobile and iPhone themes?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:10 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Mobile and iPhone themes?

I've tried both the WP Mobile Edition and WP iTouch plugins, which create a cellphone-friendly interface for a WP blog. I wasn't happy with either of them, but I'm leaving the WP Mobile one in place. It makes sense for Blackberry users and those with phones that have small screens or anemic browsers.

For the iPhone, though, I decided to disable the plugin. It did create a nice, clean interface, but it doesn't show the pretty front page I've been working so hard on. And with the iPhone browser, you can view the page horizontally, scroll up and down and side to side, use gestures to zoom in and out, and generally experience a webpage much more like you're viewing it on a regular monitor.

Have you tried to optimize your site for cell phones? What did you use?