Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Cannot change table in widget generated by Javascript


  #1  
Old Mar 31, 2012, 01:57 PM
webgurl's Avatar
webgurl
 
59 posts · Nov 2010
WordPress 3.0/Atahualpa 3.4.9/Firefox 3.6.12/XP sp3/
[SOLVED] Cannot change table in widget generated by Javascript

I created a widget area(#text-23 .textwidget) and placed it on a page. I added a text wigdet to the text widget area, and placed some code in it from a third party vendor. It uses Javascript to display up to the minute gas prices. My problem is that the cells of the table that is generated are all on top of one another, making it impossible to read. I used firefox to look at the generated code, and the table layout parameters show cellspacing and padding to be 0, but since it is generated within the Javascript, I am not able to change them.
I've tried CSS inserts to affect the #text-23 .textwidget selector, but to no avail. Can this be done? I am using Atahualpa 3.6.4. and the site url is ezw123.com/cheap-gas. Thanks for any help you can give me.
  #2  
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:17 PM
juggledad's Avatar
juggledad
 
23,728 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
ezw123.com/cheap-gas gets a 'Not Found'
__________________
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
  #3  
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:19 PM
webgurl's Avatar
webgurl
 
59 posts · Nov 2010
WordPress 3.0/Atahualpa 3.4.9/Firefox 3.6.12/XP sp3/
I apologize - wrong site... it's greenvilleconcerts.com/cheap-gas
  #4  
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:00 PM
juggledad's Avatar
juggledad
 
23,728 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you looked at the table using FireBug?
specifically at the table cell?
If so, did you look at ALL the CSS being applied?
__________________
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
  #5  
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:43 PM
webgurl's Avatar
webgurl
 
59 posts · Nov 2010
WordPress 3.0/Atahualpa 3.4.9/Firefox 3.6.12/XP sp3/
Yes. In the html snippet that I downloaded from a gas pricing site,

HTML Code:
<table width="100%">
<tr>
<td align="center" style="font-family:Arial; font-weight:bold; font-size:16px;">Lowest Gas Prices in<span id="tenlowest_title">&nbsp;Greenville</span>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center" id="gasbuddy_22783">
Immediately after the above line, it runs a Javascript script that calls the feed. The feed gets dumped into this tiny little table that looks like its ready to explode. I don't visually see a place to change the attributes for the table element.
  #6  
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:27 PM
juggledad's Avatar
juggledad
 
23,728 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
FireBug has this nifty feature, the 'inspector'
Click image for larger version

Name:	inspect.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1810
You can point at an element and see the CSS in the right hand column. Take a look at the <TD> for the first address then look at ALL the CSS that applies to it.

oh yeah, you can click on the css and change the value part of a rule.

So...now that you have inspected the CSS have you figured it out? (The answer is worth 80% of your final grade, the other 20% will be determined by your 'buttering up' the teacher )

(You can also add new CSS by tab past the last CSS rule - but you don't need to do this to discover what is happening in this case)
__________________
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 31, 2012 at 07:45 PM.

Bookmarks

Tags
table, widget

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Javascript in Text Widget (adsense code) kitetheworld Sidebars & Widgets 3 Jul 3, 2011 09:25 AM
[SOLVED] Style Inside a Table: How to change H1/2/3 padding? epsymp Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme 2 Mar 5, 2011 07:13 PM
table: change background color in one cell petevannuys Center area post/pages 1 Nov 14, 2010 08:32 PM
[SOLVED] javascript in widget not working Emanuele Sidebars & Widgets 12 May 24, 2010 03:14 PM
[SOLVED] Javascript not working in widget sidebar marj318 Sidebars & Widgets 4 Apr 30, 2010 05:59 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.