Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Slow Down - Help

Old Nov 15, 2009, 04:20 PM
zenfull

10 posts · Feb 2009
Slow Down - Help

Atahula is my favorite theme and I have used it for several projects.

For the first time ever, Last week I started having major slowdown problems and I tried everything i could think of - So I sent the following to my host provider.

"My site http://www.AtlantaLeasingPros.com is so slow its barely functioning at times. Was perfect until last week. I upgraded to the latest WP and played around with a few widgets. Sometimes it doesnt even load at all and times out. The admin panel even times out on saving a post. I have tried it from multiple machines and on different networks. I have disabled all plugins that did not help I have optimized the wordpress database I have reinstalled the latest WP upgrade. I have ads running and i need this fixed.

Other than the WP upgrade i have only added some new widgets in the past week - I have taken them all down.

Any ideas?

ANSWER FROM MY HOSTING COMPANY

I think this may be due to the theme on that site. I tried loading your page and it took a good 10 seconds to load. I went into your database and changed the theme back to the default and the site loaded within a second or two (I changed it back to the theme you were using). When I did a trace on your file, it showed that it was loading the wp-content/themes/atahualpa/js.php file, and then it ran a ton of selects on your database (which took several seconds) and then finished loading
quickly once it hit the wp-content/themes/atahualpa/footer.php file. Unfortunately, this is a bit beyond the scope of what we can help you with. You might want to contact the theme author to see if they have any input as to why that would slow down your site so much. If you have any
further questions, please let us know.

Any ideas on how I can fix this???
Old Nov 15, 2009, 04:43 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
My site was taking a long time to load, timing out, crashing. I hired Juggledad to help out, and he discovered several problems, including remnants of an old plugin that was making repeated calls on the server and was probably the cause of the crashes. I suggest you check your database for orphan files, first. Then hire Juggledad to put his mind to it.

I don't know if there is something inherently wrong with Atahualpa that makes this happen, but at least things have been fine since JD helped me.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:55 AM
js9600

29 posts · Dec 2008
May be try to deactivate Super Cache and also Gzip if possible. For diagnostic purposes. I tried loading site at http://tools.pingdom.com/tools/ and it seems host go zzzzzz proportional with filesize. If you are on a crowded shared host perhaps the right things to do for "optimizing" are wrong. Cpu usage at server vs. output of files vs. database lookups. Where is the bottleneck that matters? If you have paid for top quality, and since you get a reply from host you probably have, I put money on whatever conflict concerning Super Cache. Easy to test. If so the dude should have noticed but test/exclude your self.

If concerned about visitors spectating your troubleshooting install this http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wartungsmodus/ to calm them down. When you activate plugin settings become visible and you can chose text, theme - those you see under Screenshot tab. Better than they run in to a non-functional site.