Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Want to use inline h2, h3, h4 tags in the body text

Old Mar 3, 2011, 08:09 PM
lmartindesign

3 posts · Mar 2011
So I've added display:inline to my h2, h3, h4, h5 tags in the custom css; however when looking at the produced code on the page, wordpress is adding a <br> before the <h2> tag and <p> after. Is there a location that it's hardcoded to remove those defaults? I have no issue with using the inline coding with regular html pages.

this is my code:
Code:
Our Great Western Transportation team has more than 100 years of trucking experience within the <h2 style="display:inline!important;">LTL Trucking</h2> and Full Truckload industry. We specialize in the Flatbed Trucking, Refrigerated Trucking, Dry Van Trucking, Heavy Haul Trucking and Power Only Trucking areas.
And what WP generates:
Code:
 Our Great Western Transportation team has more than 100 years of trucking experience within the<br />
<h2 style="display:inline!important;">LTL Trucking</h2>
<p> and Full Truckload industry. We specialize in the Flatbed Trucking, Refrigerated Trucking, Dry Van Trucking, Heavy Haul Trucking and Power Only Trucking areas.</p>
Old Mar 3, 2011, 09:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Why not just use something like the following?
Our Great Western Transportation team has more than 100 years of trucking experience within the
HTML Code:
<span style="font-size:24px; font-weight:bold;">LTL Trucking</span> and Full Truckload industry. We specialize in the Flatbed Trucking, Refrigerated Trucking, Dry Van Trucking, Heavy Haul Trucking and Power Only Trucking areas.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 09:35 PM
lmartindesign

3 posts · Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Why not just use something like the following?
Our Great Western Transportation team has more than 100 years of trucking experience within the
HTML Code:
<span style="font-size:24px; font-weight:bold;">LTL Trucking</span> and Full Truckload industry. We specialize in the Flatbed Trucking, Refrigerated Trucking, Dry Van Trucking, Heavy Haul Trucking and Power Only Trucking areas.
I'm attempting to work in the H tags into the text because the client insists on having those be h tags. The way his site was originally done was that they had h tags with certain key words and commented them out which I can't believe would be good for SEO.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 06:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That's something that wordpress is doing. You might want to post this question over at wordpress.org
Old Mar 4, 2011, 06:34 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartindesign
I'm attempting to work in the H tags into the text because the client insists on having those be h tags. The way his site was originally done was that they had h tags with certain key words and commented them out which I can't believe would be good for SEO.
Actually I think it is bad for SEO as opposed to just being not good.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:03 AM
lmartindesign

3 posts · Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Actually I think it is bad for SEO as opposed to just being not good.
Well yes I agree. Sounds like it's a wordpress limitation and not a theme limitation. Hence why I couldn't find the code to change.

Thanks.