Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Lost Right Sidebar

Old Aug 8, 2009, 09:27 AM
jrothstein

2 posts · Jun 2009
My right sidebar is gone, and I can't seem to identify anything that's changed to account for this. Running through some of the usual suspects:

* It doesn't seem to be a browser problem. The sidebar is missing in Firefox, Safari, and according to a friend of mine, IE.

* It doesn't seem to be an obvious configuration issue. I have all the display sidebar options checked in theme options.

* It's not that I removed the widgets from the configuration page. I use the right sidebar for my links lists. I've tried removing and resetting them, to no avail.

* If I look at the rendered page source, there isn't even a right sidebar defined.

The site is http://www.carlessinchicago.com/. And and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2009, 02:20 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Perhaps an issue between right sidebar and right inner sidebar. In 3.4.2 the order in which the sidebars are registered was changed. You may have your widgets in another sidebar than you think they are. Try looking into seemingly unused sidebars and remove the widgets from there if any, then add them to the "Right Sidebar" again.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 02:50 PM
jrothstein

2 posts · Jun 2009
Thanks for the tip. I actually was having the problem with a 3.2 installation, so today I upgraded to 3.4.2 which seems to have taken care of the matter. I'm still puzzled by what happened though.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 08:38 AM
aredorange

5 posts · Aug 2009
London, United Kingdom
Send a message via ICQ to aredorange Send a message via AIM to aredorange Send a message via Yahoo to aredorange Send a message via Skype™ to aredorange
I am also having a problem with the Right Sidebar! No problems at all with the Left Sidebar, where I can add and remove widgets, without a problem. However, when I add widgets to my Right Sidebar on my admin widgets area, it seems fine but when I check my website, no changes at all. If I move the widgets from the Right Sidebar to the Left Sidebar all works, but i have no clue why there are problems with the Right Sidebar... and the most curious thing is that I even tried to remove my exist form on the Right Sidebar but it still appears there when I check the website... really strange behaviour, which is not the first time I observe...

here's my website link: http://www.redorange.org.uk

It shows there a form, when i have it removed from my widgets area and added other widgets which do not appear!!!

Help please!!!!
Old Aug 26, 2009, 09:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of WP, Atahualpa and PHP?
What browser are you using? Have you tried with another browser?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 09:59 AM
aredorange

5 posts · Aug 2009
London, United Kingdom
Send a message via ICQ to aredorange Send a message via AIM to aredorange Send a message via Yahoo to aredorange Send a message via Skype™ to aredorange
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
What version of WP, Atahualpa and PHP?
What browser are you using? Have you tried with another browser?
Worpress 2.8.4, Atahualpa 3.4.2 and PHP 5.2.6. I tested in on Firefox 3.5.2, Safari 4.0.3 and Opera 9.50, always same negative results.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
see the PM I sent
Old Aug 27, 2009, 04:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Followup, the cause of aredorange issue was that he had edited footer.php and the edits were causing the problem. Restoring the original footer.php cleared up his problem
Old Aug 27, 2009, 08:36 PM
aredorange

5 posts · Aug 2009
London, United Kingdom
Thanks a lot to Juggledad for solving my problem, much appreciated and much worth the donation. All is working fine now.