Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Dark Atahualpa Theme?

Old Mar 14, 2009, 09:47 PM
hovering

6 posts · Mar 2009
Help Dark Atahualpa Theme?

Does a dark Atahualpa theme exist anywhere? Something based around a black background?

I love this theme. It is really working for me. Great work!
Old Mar 15, 2009, 03:56 PM
bpbaker

23 posts · Dec 2008
Whitstable, Kent, England.
The beauty of Atahualpa is that you can make it how you want it - you basically use the Theme Options to make your personal theme.

Dark usually means a black background with light text. In the Theme Options - Body, Text & Links tab the first option is 'Body Style' and you will probably have this:

font-size: 0.8em;
color: #000000;
background: #ffffff;

The color line means the text will be Black. The background line means the background will be White.
If you swap these two colors you will have white text on a black background.

This is just the start as there are a number of other places that these changes will be needed, such as the menu, sidebars etc. Having started simply your understanding and confidence will build as you experiment in other areas. If it goes horribly wrong you can always reset those options to the defaults.

I hope this helps.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 05:18 PM
hovering

6 posts · Mar 2009
Yes it does. Thank you.

That is what I was hoping to be able to do, but starting with a "default" black theme that I could then tweak. I also use gallery2 and it has colorpacks that you use to swap colors in your theme without hunting down all the code that needs changing.

Maybe that is what I hope. Colorpacks for WP or even Atahualpa that will allow the customization of the color scheme with the click of a button.

Does anybody know of any sites that have customized to a dark theme that I could look at for reference?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 04:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there is a thread where people shw off their sites (see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...highlight=show) where you could take a look at different sites and see if they match what you want
Old Jun 29, 2009, 03:25 PM
strangelove

29 posts · Feb 2009
I am making a Dark theme and would like to change the HOVER colour of the Category and Pages links in my sidebar. Presently, they turn black upon rollover and I would prefer that they turn red (CC0000).

I would also like to change the link defualt colour for these items to WHITE from the current GREY.

Any assistance on this would be deeply appreciated,

Dr. Strangelove
Old Jun 29, 2009, 03:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Did you try changing the colors in the 'Page Menu Bar' and 'Category Menu Bar' option section of teh theme?