Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Menu bar looks ok in chrome but is a complete mess in Firefox and IE

Old Mar 26, 2010, 05:05 PM
khandee

2 posts · Mar 2010
Hi,

My home page looks ok in chrome but
1/ The whole thing looks like a dogs breakfast on internet explorer, especially the menu bar
Plus those tick mark bullet points are off the page on firefox

http://howtogainconfidence.net/895

And then on this sales page, In internet explorer that menu bar is all over the show again.

http://howtogainconfidence.net/the-3...uilder-program

Please help!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 06:15 PM
Rashell

67 posts · May 2009
it looks the same to me in Chrome, Firefox, & Opera. I didn't check IE cause didn't want to have to fire up my PC. (I know how lazy can one get). Did you check your browser preferences to make sure they're all set to the same font size? (Messed me up once...)

Rashell
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:23 AM
khandee

2 posts · Mar 2010
Hi, thanks for the reply!

I managed to fix the firefox problem with the bullet points.

The problem is definitely IE.

I changed the menu bar text from upper case to none which has fixed the menu bar problem temporarily but I still don't understand why uppercase text makes the menu bar go all crazy.

I checked the font size, its not that. But thanks for the suggestion.

In general, all the layout of text in IE is really weird and I don't know how to change it.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:14 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Looks the same to me in all browsers. What versions of Atahualpa, WordPress, and browsers are you using?
Old Sep 12, 2010, 04:15 AM
Rarabou

10 posts · Sep 2010
I have only the problem with Firefox, my page bar doesn't show up at all... but It was working fine before, and I didn't change any bar settings ... anyone as a solution? Here is my blog www.nuitdemalade.org

Thank you so much !

G
Old Sep 12, 2010, 05:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you have several errors in your CSS
1) you are using an RRGGBB value of HHHHH0 - this is not a valid color, each color can only go from 00-FF so using an 'H' is not correct
2) you have an error in the CSS at ato->Style & configure COMMENTS->Comment Form Style
You have margin: &(px 0; - looks like you were holding the shift key when you meant to type 79 so you got the &( instead, and that is messing up firefox - I'll bet that IE doesn't like it eithor.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 06:20 AM
Rarabou

10 posts · Sep 2010
Thank you for your always efficient help ! Problem solved !