Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Theme Options page won't resolve

Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:05 AM
tbaxter

92 posts · May 2012
Germantown, MD
[SOLVED] Theme Options page won't resolve

I was trying to style the header for a site I'm building (http://www.todddawsondesign.com/test/carmichael-hill/) and either entered some bad code somewhere or punched a button I shouldn't have or SOMETHING... when I hit SAVE, the page never finished loading. After awhile, I just closed the window, but subsequent attempts to open the Atahualpa Theme Options window, it never finishes loading.

Firebug showed this:

HTML Code:
<tr>
<td id="header" colspan="2">
<table id="logoarea" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%">
<div id="menu1" class="menu-main-menu-container">
-right
</td>
</tr>
The "-right" after the "menu1" bracket looks wonky to me. But where would I find that to edit it out?

Or what file would I open to edit whatever else it might be?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 1, 2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
We're you editing inthe backend?
Do you have a wp custom menu or atahualpa auto generated one?
Can you swap to twenty eleven?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:16 PM
tbaxter

92 posts · May 2012
Germantown, MD
No, I was editing in Atahualpa, in the styling heads section. Got the code from Firebug after the 'crash'.

i created the menu in WP... don't know what you mean about an atahualpa auto generated menu...

Yes, I can swap to twenty eleven. But returning to Atahualpa yields the same problem again.

Plus, when I open a new page in Atahualpa, it opens with Firebug activated, even though it was turned off before the click to the new page.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try turning off the menu you created - set dashboard->apearance->menu->theme locations->menu 1 back to blank
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:00 PM
tbaxter

92 posts · May 2012
Germantown, MD
Thanks, Juggledad, for your help. I tried that, but it didn't seem to help.

Was using Chrome, then tried Safari (same issues), but got into the backend w/Firefox, and found that in the Style and Edit HEADER section, I'd put "%logo %pages-right" instead of "page-right", which must have messed things up.

Got it to work in FF, but still not Chrome.

Eventually turned off the Firebug extension, and now all is well. Hoo boy.

Thanks for the help, and timely responses. You guys totally rock.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:11 PM
tbaxter

92 posts · May 2012
Germantown, MD
Now, on to my obvious next question...

Attached is a sketch of the design I'm trying to create. How do I style the header area? As a table w/two columns? As a div w/a floated logo on left?

And do I do this in the "Style Header" area somewhere (and if so, where?) or in the Add HTML/CSS inserts area?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	site design sketches 1.2.jpg
Views:	1200
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	2013