Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Add Social Sharing Buttons to Header

Old Oct 20, 2013, 05:46 PM
IndieJack

12 posts · Aug 2013
Lightbulb Add Social Sharing Buttons to Header

How do I replace the RSS buttons with social buttons? Based on some previous posts I've been able to create a widget and place it in the header section of my site. I cannot figure out how to move the widget into the space above the search box and replace the RSS buttons. Please help.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 06:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I either use a plugin or add the HTML code to the text widget and put in that widget area.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 09:16 PM
IndieJack

12 posts · Aug 2013
Quote:
...add the HTML code to the text widget and put in that widget area.
Can you please be a bit more specific? I've added the images and text for the social buttons to a text widget. I just need to move the text widget to the RSS section of the header. I want to leave the search box but replace the RSS links.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 04:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) the RSS buttons show in the logo area - you can shut them off in the theme options.
2) You could use a two cell widget area in place of the %logo in teh 'Configure Header area' option and use the first widget area for teh logo image and the second for our social buttons and the two areas will be in line horizontally.