Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Changing Location of RSS Link

Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:15 PM
scombridae1969

17 posts · Jul 2010
Hello Everyone...
Let me first put a link to a site I am working:
http://www.simplyhelp.org/wordpress/

If you notice, when I used the ATA Options to place my RSS link, the "default" location is less than ideal. I am wondering if someone can help me in either of two ways:

1. I like using the ATA Options because I can omit the Feedburner and Comments subscriptions portions of the RSS box contents (Feedburner I might add later but don't want people to be able to subscribe to comments). If I want to configure it via HTML/CSS inserts, how might I go about that? (I don't code but I can figure out how to apply absolute values - I don't where to point the style(s)),

OR

2. Is there a way to omit the Feedburner and Comments related content from the RSS Widget (if I wanted to try and add it to the sidebar)...

Thanks!
Mike
Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:24 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The site seems kind of messed up. As far as hiding certain item you just have to determine the selector and use display:none. I use Firebug to determine selectors.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:53 PM
scombridae1969

17 posts · Jul 2010
It might be messed up. I don't really code so I backwards engineer.

For what I do, almost everything is pretty clear to me or becomes clear via ATA Options and the CSS/HTML inserts. But I can't seem to figure out how to position the SEARCH and RSS box(es). I want them to sit in the logo area.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 02:35 PM
scombridae1969

17 posts · Jul 2010
Ha ha...Thanks, Larry! Installed/Used Firebug and found what class it was referencing and realized it was sitting right under my nose in the HTML/CSS Inserts. Doh.

I was able to position at will and have it stick. Thanks again! SOLVED.
Mike