Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Newbie question

Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:07 PM
dwights

32 posts · Jan 2010
I have read a number of the support forum posts. And have viewed a few of the videos. Now I'm blown away! WOW, Flynn! You are a GENIUS!

Not having used Atahualpa, I do not have a reference for the customization capabilities of your themes. However, the information so far shows this system should allow us to do anything we can imagine!

Here is my question. Please look at this web site and give me your opinion of whether the various sections you see can be designed in Themeframe. Also, as you see, this is a business site and not a blog. This is not my web site, but we want to build one like it: www.toyopumps.com.

I know, using another WP Framework, how to turn off the side bars, add a picture randomizer for the large pictures (using a plugin) that are rotating, and use my own HTML to create tables for the various clickable picture sections in the body.

Would these same effects be possible with Themeframe? (I anticiapte excitedly that the answer is YES!)

If so, can you please point me to posts that might provide clues, or offer suggestions on the methods to use?

Thanks. (Amazing Creation, this ThemeFrame!)
Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:26 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
You should be able to do just about anything you want with the Atahualpa theme, even before the ThemeFrame app is out of beta.

I use Atahualpa as a CMS for my very complex news site, http://www.larchmontgazette.com/ , and several other sites, like http://anglicanwomensempowerment.org/, which uses a static front page, and http://aghca.org/ , and http://www.freesialane.com/. As you can see, the theme can be customized indefinitely.

ThemeFrame will be wonderful, but no need to wait for it in order to start using the power of Flynn's brain.

Check out Featured Content Gallery for rotating images tied to posts. There are zillions of free plugins for Wordpress that will do just about anything you desire.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:30 PM
dwights

32 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks Paulae,

The questions I still have:

1) The web site will have pages with layouts that differ (probably 15 iterations, but many are subtle differences). It appears that ThemeFramework has only one "page.php" tab. How do we create multiple different page layouts?

2) How do you embed plugins into sections of the pages? Is that controlled by adding a widget area to the body of a page and then using Word Press some how to populate that area? Example: the DHTMLX calendar?

3) Can we use plugins like those that control menu access and presentation in combination with ThemeFramework?

4) How do we add new vertical sections to a page? For example, some pages have three "footer" sections, each with a different table of linked images.

Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:02 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
1) The ability to add custom page templates will be added very soon, it is the next bigger feature in the queue.
2) You can drag and drop custom widgets areas into the header, the footer and the top and the bottom of the center area. Then you can put widgets into those custom widget areas (through Wordpress).
3) You can use plugins with themes that you created with ThemeFrame. You won't use the plugins directly with ThemeFrame because TF is not a theme itself, but a tool that creates (standalone) themes
4) See 2). Custom widget areas are integrated in ThemeFrame and you can drag and drop them into various places of themes that you create with TF: 6 widget area blocks with a total of up to 25 custom widget areas are available, in addition to the up to 6 sidebars (3 left, 3 right)
Old Feb 3, 2010, 06:20 PM
dwights

32 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks Flynn,

I do not know much about Word Press, having only built one web site using the WP system. I've used web editors like WYSIWYG WEB Builder and Net Objects Fusion before. Now, being two layers removed from the actual pages, it is quite interesting to try to get up to speed.

I know the outcome that we want, and my gut tells me your TF tool is the way to get there. I'll just have to keep experimenting.

Thanks SO MUCH for all of your dedication and effort.

Dwight